A new functionality has recently become available within the Officebooking platform that greatly improves communication with our Room Signage screens. Reservation details and room status are updated faster with this functionality. The new functionality also significantly improves the performance of our platform.
Turn on sockets
This functionality can be set by selecting the option ‘Enable sockets?’ at the ‘Device user’ and saving the data. The screen still needs to be refreshed, which can be done by selecting the ‘Signager refresh’ button in the overview screen.
- Navigate to ‘Users’ in the left menu.
- Find the device user you want to enable the new functionality for.
- Select the device user’s name from the list.
- Select the ‘Edit’ button to change the user.
- Under ‘Authorized’ you will now find an extra option ‘Enable sockets’. Check this option.
- Then select the ‘Save user’ button to save the change.
After enabling the new functionality, the Signage screen must be refreshed again. This can be done directly from the OfficeAdmin, after saving the device user.
After saving, you will return to the detail page of the device user. Select the ‘Refresh Signage’ button here.
The Signage screen should now be refreshed from a distance. After refreshing, a new ‘Action cable’ icon will appear in the corner of the screen. This same icon can also be seen behind the screen within the Signage overview.