Officebooking Visitor Registration app
Make your visitors feel truly welcome when visiting your locations. Modernize your visitor registration by fully self automating the invitation and registration process. Get rid of the paper registration and have your visitors sign in with our intuitive kiosk app.
1 Installing the Visitor Registration app using an USB stick – for Kiosk displays
- Power the kiosk display with the adapter or via PoE. Make sure the device has access to internet either via Wifi (connect with Wifi via ‘Settings’), via Ethernet cable or (when using a tablet with it’s own sim card) via internet.
- The device will automatically start. Please wait a few seconds before the home screen appears.
- Download the compromised folder from the email.
- Extract the file from the compromised folder.
- Save the apk file to your local disk and copy the files to a (empty) USB stick.
- Insert the USB Stick in the USB slot at the bottom of the device.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and open the ‘Explore’ app on the home screen of the device.
- Select the USB and select the Visitor Registration apk file.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- After installation the app opens automatically.
- Continue with changing the device settings in step 3.
2 Installing the Visitor Registration app via the App Store – for tablets
- Before starting the installation, make sure your tablet has enough power.
- Go to the App Store app on your tablet.
- Search for ‘Visitor Registration’.
- Select the red icon.
- Select the ‘Install’ button to install the app.
- Then select the ‘Open’ button to start the app.
- Continue with changing the device settings in step 3.
3 Finalizing the installation of the display: display settings
These settings mandatory for optimal functionality of the app. These settings have to be done, before continuing to step 4 and 5.
Schedule the daily reboot
- To finish the installation return to the home screen of the device to activate a daily reboot of the display to avoid issues.
- Select ‘Settings’, then select ‘System’ > ‘Scheduled’
- Select the second option ‘Reboot’ and select ‘Repeat’. Then select each day of the week, to daily repeat the reboot.
- Select ‘Ok’, then select ‘Done’.
Disable autocorrect and spellchecker
- Return to ‘Settings’ to disable autocorrect and spell checker.
- Select ‘Settings’, then select ‘Personal’.
- Select ‘Language & input’.
- Select ‘Keyboard & input methods’, then select ‘Android keyboard AOSP’.
- Select ‘Text correction’ and turn all options off by switching the toggle.
- Go back to ‘Language & input’ to disable spell checker.
- Select ‘Spell checker’ and turn it off by switching the toggle.
- Go back to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Device’, then select ‘Display’ and then select ‘Brightness level’.
- Set the brightness level to your preference.
Disable auto-rotate and hide status bar
- Go back to ‘Display’ (Settings > Device > Display).
- Turn off auto-rotate by selecting ‘When device is rotated’.
- Choose the option ‘Stay in current orientation’.
- Now select ‘Advanced’ to hide the status bar by switching the toggle.
Return to home screen to open Visitor Registration app
- Because you just hid the status bar, select the round button in the middle of the top of the display to return to the home screen of the device.
- Here you’ll be able to open the Visitor Registration app again.
4 Creating a Location Manager user for the Visitor Registration login
Before you can log in to the app, you need a Location manager account to log in with. Creating a user is done in the OfficeAdmin portal.
It’s also possible that this account has already been created for you by an Officebooking support employee. In this case you will receive the login details from them and you can skip this step and continue to step 5.
Within the OfficeAdmin environment you can manage the users under the heading ‘Users’ in the menu on the left. You can create a Location manager user account by clicking the ‘Add user’ button. Below we explain the mandatory fields in more detail:
- Role: when creating a device, the role must be set to ‘Location manager’. If the user is not a Location manager, the account can’t be used to log in on a display screen.
- First and last name: the first and last name of the user can be used to find the user in the user overview. These names won’t be visible on the display.
- Authorized: select ‘Authorized’. Only authorized users can login.
- User name: enter a user name to later use to log in to the Visitor Registrator app.
- Email: the email address is used to retrieve forgotten passwords. This field is required but not often used.
- Password: the password is used to log into the Visitor Registrator app along with the user name.
Select ‘Save user’ to save the Location manager user. You can now use this account to log in on the device.
5 Logging in on the display
- To log in, open the Visitor Registration app that you’ve just installed. The login screen will appear immediately after opening.
- Use the login details of the Location manager account, which you’ve just created or received from an Officebooking employee.
- Enter the user name and password.
- When logging in successfully, the app will open on the homepage.
Changing the company logo
After you successfully logged into the Visitor Registration app, the app will open on it’s home screen. This home screen will show your company logo. If the logo is shown perfectly sharp, then you can skip this step.
In some cases the logo has been uploaded in a very small size, suitable for mobile, but less suitable for display size. If the logo is not sharp enough for the Visitor Registration app, follow the steps below to upload a larger size logo.
- Open the OfficeAdmin portal.
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the menu.
- Then select the tab ‘Upload images’. The first image to upload is the logo.
- To upload a new logo select the ‘Select a file to upload’ button. Then choose your desired logo from your computer. The recommended image size is is 220×55 px (ratio 4:1).
- After uploading the logo select ‘Save images’ to save your new logo.
- Now go back to the Visitor Registration app on your display.
- To see if this logo works better for the display, select one of the buttons on the home screen, then click the arrow to go back to the home screen. This way the home screen will reload.
- Now you will get to see your new logo. Does it look better, that’s great! Doesn’t it look better, try uploading a bigger size logo in the OfficeAdmin.