By default, all users in the system are in the ‘Everyone’ group. If you want to set a rule that applies to all users, you do this with this user group. If there are exceptions for a specific group of users or if you want to subdivide your users into departments, for example, you can add an extra user group.
Within a user group it is possible to set different rules that apply to the users in the group.
- Navigate to ‘User groups’ in the menu.
- Select the name of the user group for which you want to set the rule.
- Then select the ‘Edit’ button to make an adjustment to the data or settings of this group.
- Scroll down. There you will find the option ‘Check in only on your own reservation or the one you have been invited to’. Check the box to activate this option.
- Then select the ‘Save user group’ button to save your group and the setting.
As soon as this setting is activated, it is immediately active. The moment a user has made a reservation himself, it is possible for him to check in on this reservation. If the user tries to check in at a desk/room without having a reservation for this, or if it has already been reserved by someone else, they will receive a message that they cannot check in and why.