By default, all users in the system are in the “Everyone” group. If you want to configure a rule that applies to all users, you do this with this user group. If there are exceptions for a specific group of users or if you want to divide your users into departments, for example, you can add an extra user group.
Within a user group it is possible to configure different rules that apply to the users in the group.
- Navigate to ‘User groups’ in the menu.
- Select the name of the user group for which you want to set the rule.
- Then select the ‘Edit’ button to edit the data or settings of this group.
- Scroll down. There you will find the option ‘Reserve a maximum number of days in advance’. Enter the number of days until which use is allowed to make a reservation. On average, that is 21 to 31 days.
- Then select the ‘Save user group’ button to save your group and the setting.
As soon as this setting has been configured, it is activated immediately. The moment a user tries to make a reservation for a moment further in the future than is currently configured, they will receive a message with the reason why the reservation can’t be made.