Creating a recurring reservation is only possible from the web app and for Location manager or Admin users via the OfficeAdmin. Once this functionality is fully developed, it will also be possible to implement this within the mobile app. As a Location manager or Admin it’s possible that you receive a request from an employee to schedule this recurring reservation for him/her.
Rules for a recurring reservation
Creating a recurring reservation is a small extra step that you take when creating a reservation. However, there are some rules that you should pay extra attention to when doing this:
- The end date of the series of reservations must not be more than 180 days in the future. These 180 days count from now. So it’s not possible to schedule a series with the start date in January 2022 and end date in March 2022, because the end date is more than 180 days in the future from now.
- The date of the reservation itself and the end date of the reservation series can not fall on a day when the location is closed. If you get this error message, check the opening hours of the location via ‘Locations’ > ‘Edit’ > ‘Opening hours’.
- It’s not possible to create a reservation when there is already an existing reservation. It’s possible that one of the reservations within your reservation series (after saving) is missing, because an existing reservation has already been made.
Create recurring reservation
- Navigate to ‘Reservations’ in the left menu.
- In the planner you create a new reservation by dragging a time slot to the desired desk/room. When dragging, a grey block appears on the time slot of the reservation.
- A pop-up will then open where you can enter the reservation details.
- Select the user for whom you want to make the reservation. An email with the reservation information will be sent to that user.
- Fill in the rest of the information as desired. This works the same as with the web app.
- To have the reservation repeated, select the check mark next to ‘Recurring reservation’.
- A window will now appear where you can indicate whether you want the reservation to be repeated daily or weekly. You then select the days on which you wish the reservation to be repeated at the ‘Week’ option (note the opening hours of the location).
- Then choose an end date for the entire reservation series (note the opening hours of the location).
- Check the reservation details and then select the ‘Save’ button to save your recurring reservation.
It is also possible to make a reservation in the list view of the ‘Reservations’ screen via the ‘+ New Reservation’ button. Then follow the same steps in the reservation pop-up. After saving, the reservation appears in the list.